Group Enterprise Organisation Announcement and Cable & Wireless Worldwide Integration Update
30 November 2012
Vodafone Group Plc ("Vodafone") today announces the creation of a new Group Enterprise unit, effective from 1 January 2013. Nick Jeffery, currently CEO of Cable & Wireless Worldwide ("CWW"), will be appointed Group Enterprise Director responsible for the new unit, and will report to Vittorio Colao, Group CEO. The new unit will have four vertical teams reporting into Nick as follows:
- Vodafone Global Enterprise
- Vodafone Carrier Services
- Machine-to-Machine solutions
- Hosting and Cloud Services
The above teams will be full worldwide business units with presence in 50 countries. In addition, these teams will be supported by dedicated Enterprise Channels and Sales Operations, as well as Enterprise Products and Marketing teams to provide standardised processes, tools, platforms and products across the Enterprise unit.
Following our acquisition of CWW in July 2012, it has become clear that there is strong customer demand for combined products and services. To realise this growth opportunity, we have decided to accelerate the CWW integration process ahead of our original schedule.
As a consequence of this acceleration, from 1 January 2013 we will start the merger process of the following activities:
- CWW's UK-based enterprise businesses with Vodafone's UK-based enterprise businesses
- CWW's international businesses, Carrier Services, Hosting and Cloud Services, and product activity with our newly created Group Enterprise unit
- CWW's Customer Service with Vodafone UK's Customer Operations
- CWW's Finance, Human Resources, and Legal and Regulatory activity with those of Vodafone UK
- CWW Technology with Group Technology
The creation of a Group Enterprise unit and acceleration of CWW's integration will allow us to build on our strength in the Enterprise segment. As announced in September 2012, we expect to incur cumulative integration costs of approximately £500 million by March 2016. This is expected to deliver cash flow synergies of £150 million to £200 million per annum by March 2016, resulting in operating free cash flow for the Group in that year of £250 million to £300 million from the acquisition.