Tag:

MetroPCS

Latest Headlines

Latest Headlines

Deutsche Telekom CEO Obermann to step down at the end of 2013

Deutsche Telekom surprised the industry by announcing that CEO Rene Obermann will depart the company at the end of 2013. DT's board said CFO Timotheus Hoettges will become deputy CEO next year and take full control starting in January 2014.

Deutsche Telekom banks on mobile data amid €7.4B writedown in Q3

Deutsche Telekom CEO Rene Obermann brushed aside the third-quarter €7.4 billion writedown on its T-Mobile USA business, and instead told investors that the company plans to spend €2.5 billion boosting its German network to support the growth in data traffic.

T-Mobile USA takes over MetroPCS

Deutsche Telekom’s T-Mobile USA and MetroPCS have announced plans to merge, with DT owning 74% of the combined company and MetroPCS the remaining 26%.   The deal wi

Deutsche Telekom pushes for scale with T-Mobile/MetroPCS merger

Deutsche Telekom said it will merge its T-Mobile USA subsidiary with regional U.S. operator MetroPCS to create a mobile operator more able to rival Verizon Wireless and AT&T Mobility. For the German telco, this move could be part of the solution it has been searching for to its long-standing problems with its U.S. subsidiary, having failed to gain regulatory approval to merge T-Mobile USA with AT&T last year.

Verizon, MetroPCS take latest stab to curtail the FCC's net neutrality rules

Verizon Communications and MetroPCS on Monday once again took their argument to a federal appeals court to get the Federal Communications Commission's net neutrality rules overturned.

Verizon, MetroPCS urge appeals court to toss FCC net-neutrality rules

Tier 1 carrier Verizon and MVNO MetroPCS Communications on Monday called on a federal appeals court to jettison open-Internet rules the Federal Communications Commission issued some 19 months ago.

LTE uptake hindered by timid pricing

Service providers are, to date, adopting conservative approaches to LTE service packaging and pricing.

BWA/Wimax users to pass 13m by end-Dec

BWA/Wimax subs are expected to hit 13 million by the end of the year, up from nine million reported in Q2.

Tekelec powers MetroPCS'4G LTE rollout

MetroPCS Communications chose Tekelec to provide SIGTRAN, SIP and diameter session management as well as number portability and performance mana

Sprint board changes open door to partnerships