GreatCall’s 5Star Urgent Response™ App Empowers iPhone Users to be Prepared for Any Situation
App Offers Immediate Connection to Live, Certified Response Agents at the Push of a Button
SAN DIEGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- GreatCall, Inc., a leader in wireless services that enable its customers to stay connected, safe and healthy, today announced the immediate availability of GreatCall’s 5Star Urgent Response™ application for iPhone® users on iTunes. This is GreatCall’s second app for the iPhone as the company continues to make its portfolio of award-winning health and safety applications available to smartphone users.
The benefits of the 5Star Urgent Response service are exciting. No matter the situation, from a woman leaving work late at night who suddenly realizes she’s being followed, a teenager who feels threatened or vulnerable at school, or someone with health issues and finds themselves in a potential emergency, all can feel empowered knowing that 5Star Urgent Response is standing by 24 hours a day, seven days a week, ready to respond.
How the 5Star Urgent Response App Works:
- Simply press the large, 5Star call button, as it appears on the screen of the iPhone, to connect to a 5Star Agent who is certified by the National Academies of Emergency Dispatch® (NAED) and trained in CPR and other emergency protocols.
- 5Star Agents will identify and locate you, assess your situation and then send appropriate help - which may include assistance in dispatching 9-1-1 emergency services - while staying on the line with you until your situation is resolved. Agents can also conference in a registered nurse, family and friends.
- The 5Star Agent has access to the caller’s Personal Profile, which contains important details like emergency contacts and medication information, which allows the Agent to better assist users in an urgent situation.
“Our research has shown that people may hesitate to call 9-1-1 when in a vulnerable situation,” said Bill Yates, Vice President of Marketing and Sales at GreatCall. “Now with the 5Star Urgent Response app right on your iPhone, you have immediate access to help anywhere you are, no matter how serious the situation.”
Key Features of the 5Star Urgent Response App:
- Reliable Nationwide Coverage - Provides immediate access to help anytime, anywhere there’s wireless coverage.
- Immediate connection to Certified 5Star Agents - 100% U.S. Based Agents who are certified by the National Academies of Emergency Dispatch® and trained in CPR and other emergency protocols anytime, day or night.
- Enhanced location tracking with GPS - Agents utilize GPS technology and advanced location training to locate the user. The Agent will not locate the user until they hit the button to ask for help.
- 5Star and 9-1-1 work together - Agents will assess your situation and then send the appropriate help. They are able to assist in conferencing in 9-1-1 emergency services and will stay on the line with you until your situation is resolved.
- Personal Profile - Your easy to set up and manage Personal Profile contains comprehensive, personal details such as emergency contacts and medical conditions, which allow the Agent to assist you better in an urgent situation. PIN protected and encrypted, your profile is also secured by an SAS 70 Type II certified data center, HIPAA compliant, and is only shared with first responders in the event of an emergency.
- Live, from within App, Customer Service – get 24/7 support from a live person from within the app itself or by email if you prefer.
- “Shake for Help™” – the App features GreatCall’s “Shake for Help™” which is a handy tool to always get an answer when you need one. Just shake your smartphone at any time and information will appear via a help “bubble” on screen specific to the topic being read.
- LiveNurse - included for FREE is GreatCall’s award-winning LiveNurse service, which connects callers with a live registered nurse, 24/7 in both English and Spanish.
- Multilingual - 5Star Agents can provide translation support for assistance in over 100 languages.
The app is available for $14.99 per month with no contracts or cancellation fees. Download the 5Star Urgent Response app at Apple’s iTunes Store: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/5-star-urgent-response-by/id467690272?ls=1&mt=8
To learn more about the 5Star Urgent Response service and app, please visit: www.GreatCall.com/5StarApp
To access company logo and high-resolution images and screen shots, please visit: www.greatcall.com/assets
About GreatCall, Inc.
GreatCall is a company of “People You Can Count On” to provide wireless services that enable people to stay connected, safe and healthy. The company stands apart from other wireless services providers through its simplified, personalized and humanized approach, as well as its commitment to providing a high-quality customer service experience. The company has been widely praised for its ability to deliver the benefits of innovation and technology in a meaningful and easy-to-use format. GreatCall has received prominent national media accolades from the Wall Street Journal, BusinessWeek, The New York Times, Washington Post and major TV broadcast networks.
GreatCall’s services, apps and cell phone handsets are sold nationwide at leading retailers such as Best Buy, Sears, Sears Hometown Stores, RadioShack Dealer Franchise, Fry’s Electronics and ShopKo, as well as direct to consumers at 1-800-918-8543 and online at GreatCall.com Service coverage includes the U.S. and Canada. GreatCall is located in San Diego, CA. For more information, please visit: www.greatcall.com.
KEYWORDS: United States North America California
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Technology Networks Security Mobile/Wireless