Universal Music Group Named Best in Cross-Channel Marketing for Email, Social Media Campaign
10 Companies Named from Field of Thousands of ExactTarget Clients Worldwide
INDIANAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Global interactive marketing provider ExactTarget awarded Universal Music Group (UMG), the world’s leading music company, the Cross-Channel Marketing Campaign of the Year today for its integrated email and social media efforts for recording artist Lil’ Wayne.
The top honor in ExactTarget’s annual Subscribers Rule Awards, Universal Music Group’s award-winning campaign was selected from entries around the globe for its integrated Facebook and email campaign that added more than 6,000 Facebook fans and more than 400 email subscribers in less than three weeks.
“Subscribers Rule Award recipients represent the best in interactive cross-channel marketing,” said Scott Dorsey, ExactTarget cofounder and chief executive officer. “From delivering seamless brand experiences across interactive channels to powering dynamic mobile campaigns, these award-winning marketers are setting a new standard for marketing and transforming the way brands interact with consumers online.”
The annual Subscribers Rule Awards recognize the industry’s top interactive marketing programs for their commitment to honor customer preferences, improve subscribers’ lives and for delivering relevant content.
This year’s award recipients include:
- Boys & Girls Club of Greater Scottsdale (SpinSix client) (Permission-Based List Growth) – posted subscriber list growth of more than 15X through revamped segmentation campaign.
- Brand Muscle (Embedded Partner of the Year) – created more than 400 customized microsites that deliver customized, up-to-the-minute rate plan and discount information to employees of some of the largest corporations in the U.S.
- Digital Evolution Group (Reseller Partner of the Year) – Eight-year ExactTarget reseller and premier Consulting Partner delivering services to ExactTarget's clients across the country.
- Hardee’s (Best Social Media Campaign) – engaged thousands of fans across Facebook, Twitter and YouTube to celebrate the company’s 50th anniversary.
- Helzberg Diamonds (Digital Evolution Group client) (Best Email Design) – implemented an email campaign that included animated, personalized and horizontal email design.
- Liberty Mutual Insurance (High Five Marketing client) (Best Email Campaign: B2C) – encouraged community participation in an online program through a fully-integrated email campaign, resulting in more than $500,000 donated over four years for responsible youth sports organizations.
- Medica Health Plans (Best Email Campaign: B2B) – allowed employers to send customized emails to employees, increasing customer satisfaction.
- Spherion (SFN Group) (Best Mobile Campaign) – provided custom job alerts via mobile - welcomed more than 11,000 opt ins in first week of the campaign.
- Teachers Credit Union (Best Email Campaign: SMB) – took quarterly communications to members from offline to online, streamlining information delivery.
The awards are the namesake of ExactTarget’s Subscribers Rule philosophy aimed at educating marketers on the importance of respecting subscriber preferences when sending marketing messages.
Companies received the awards on the main stage of ExactTarget’s annual user conference Connections ‘11, the world’s largest gathering of interactive marketers. More than 3,000 are attending the three-day conference in Indianapolis that features addresses by Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales, award-winning journalist Soledad O’Brien and more than 50 interactive breakout sessions ranging from marketing best practices to building cross-channel marketing campaigns.
ExactTarget is a leading global provider of on-demand email marketing and interactive marketing solutions. The company’s Interactive Marketing Hub technology provides organizations a single solution to connect with customers via email, integrated text messaging, landing pages and social media. Supported by collaborative global services teams, ExactTarget’s technology integrates with more sales and marketing information systems than any other in the industry, including Salesforce.com, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Omniture and Webtrends among many others. ExactTarget powers permission-based multichannel communications for thousands of organizations around the world including Expedia.com, Best Buy, Papa John’s, CareerBuilder.com, Gannett Co., Inc., The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, The Home Depot and Wellpoint, Inc. For more information, visit www.exacttarget.com.
About Universal Music Group
Universal Music Group is the world’s leading music company with wholly owned record operations or licensees in 77 territories. Its businesses also include Universal Music Publishing Group, the industry's leading global music publishing operation.
Universal Music Group's record labels include A&M/Octone, Decca, Def Jam Recordings, Deutsche Grammophon, Disa, Emarcy, Fonovisa, Geffen Records, Interscope Records, Island Records, Lost Highway Records, Machete Music, MCA Nashville, Mercury Nashville, Mercury Records, Motown Records, Polydor Records, Show Dog-Universal Music, Universal Music Latino, Universal Republic and Verve Music Group as well as a multitude of record labels owned or distributed by its record company subsidiaries around the world. The Universal Music Group owns the most extensive catalog of music in the industry, which includes the last 100 years of the world's most popular artists and their recordings. UMG’s catalog is marketed through two distinct divisions, Universal Music Enterprises (in the U.S.) and Universal Strategic Marketing (outside the U.S.). Universal Music Group also includes eLabs, its new media and technologies division; Bravado, its merchandising company; and Twenty-First Artists, its full service management division.
Universal Music Group is a unit of Vivendi, a global media and communications company.
Charlie McAtee, 317-524-2861
KEYWORDS: United States North America Indiana
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Entertainment Music Technology Internet Telecommunications Mobile/Wireless Social Media Communications Marketing Other Communications