Apple has sold more than 218 million iPhones since the device first went on sale in the United States five years ago this week, on June 29, 2007. Since then, the iPhone and its successors have at various times captivated, frustrated, motivated and astounded the wireless industry. FierceWireless is taking an in-depth look at how the industry has shifted in those five years. For complete coverage of the five-year anniversary of the iPhone, please look at these different aspects of how Apple's iconic device changed wireless
- How the iPhone impacted the handset industry
- How Apple changed the way carriers do business
- What's next for the iPhone?
- The biggest iPhone controversies
- The evolution of Apple's iOS software
- The iPhone and its inroads in the healthcare market
- How the iPhone affected the enterprise mobility market