Mobile WiMAX enables convergence of fixed and mobile broadband networks through a common wide area broadband radio access technology and flexible network architecture.
Hence, it supports fixed and mobile wireless applications, providing operators a viable alternative for upgrading the capacity and performance of their existing fixed and mobile networks to enable the delivery of new value-added broadband services.
The white paper covers the following areas of Mobile WiMAX:
- Key advantages of Mobile WiMAX compared with other access technologies
- Core technologies as compliant to the Wave 2 WiMAX system profile
- The IEEE 802.16 Standards as defined by the WiMAX Forum
- Comparison of the three types of IEEE 802.16 technologies
- Applications of NECâ€™s Mobile WiMAX solution