News In Brief: Synchronica, BroadSoft, Opera, Foxconn, IBM

Synchronica says it has completed its purchase of iseemedia, buying up 86% of the firm so far and predicting it will acquire the remaining 14% by end-December. The push e-mail provider raised 7.13 million Canadian dollars (€5 million) to fund the deal.
 
Software provider BroadSoft has bought cloud applications firm Casabi for $1.95 million (€1.3 million), expanding its software as a service suite with technology enabling fixed-line SMS and information services.
 
Opera plans to launch a beta version of its mobile browser for Android within the next month, and confirmed that it will feature pinch to zoom capabilities.
 
Foxconn has dismissed the threat of rivals that are trying to lure its customers with lower manufacturing quotations, after renegotiating contracts with leading handset makers, Digitimes.com reports.
 
IBM has launched a cloud services platform, designed to help operators rapidly deploy the technology.

Suggested Articles

Wireless operators can provide 5G services with spectrum bands both above and below 6 GHz—but that doesn't mean that all countries will let them.

Here are the stories we’re tracking today.

The 5G Mobile Network Architecture research project will implement two 5G use cases in real-world test beds.