Orascom prepares Egyptian stake sale to France Tel

Orascom Telecom is gearing up to sell all but a 5% stake in Egyptian operator Egyptian Company for Mobile Services (ECMS) to France Telecom.
 
The pair propose that Orascom sells the bulk of its holdings in ECMS and its mobile subsidiary MobiNil to France Telecom for 202.5 Egyptian Pounds (€25.32) per share. France Telecom then plans to launch a tender offer for ECMS at the same price, and adjust the MobiNil shareholders agreement to account for the new ownership structure.
 
Orascom would maintain similar voting rights in ECMS following the transaction, and remain the local strategic partner for France Telecom, managing the direction of ECMS.
 
Under the current ownership structure, France Telecom holds 71.25% of MobiNil with the remaining 28.75% held by Orascom, giving the pair respective stakes of 36.4% and 34.6% in ECMS.

Suggested Articles

Wireless operators can provide 5G services with spectrum bands both above and below 6 GHz—but that doesn't mean that all countries will let them.

Here are the stories we’re tracking today.

The 5G Mobile Network Architecture research project will implement two 5G use cases in real-world test beds.