Apple's (NASDAQ:AAPL) iPhone has been a phenomenally successful product since it was first introduced in 2007. However, Apple has suffered through a number of controversies. Indeed, problems and issues with the iPhone have led to consumer complaints, lawsuits, inquiries from Congress and the occasional mea culpa from Apple itself (plus, there was that one time at the bar…). Here is a (admittedly, selective) chronological roundup of some of the top iPhone controversies during the past five years:
For complete coverage of the five-year anniversary of the iPhone, please look at these different aspects of how Apple's iconic device changed wireless:
- How the iPhone impacted the handset industry
- How Apple changed the way carriers do business
- What's next for the iPhone?
- The evolution of Apple's iOS software
- The iPhone and its inroads in the healthcare market
- How the iPhone affected the enterprise mobility market