NextWave sells entire PacketVideo stake to NTT DoCoMo; FCC approves first US LTE handset

> NextWave Wireless announced it has agreed to sell its 65 percent stake in PacketVideo to NTT DoCoMo--which owns the other 35 percent--for $111.6 million. The company said it will use proceeds from the deal to retire $95 million in notes. Article

> The FCC approved what is likely the first LTE handset for the U.S. market, a Samsung-made phone that appears destined for MetroPCS. The phone sports LTE capabilities in the 1700 and 1900 MHz bands, where MetroPCS likely will launch LTE later this year. Article

> U.S. regulators are contemplating different approaches to Huawei's entreaties to get further involved in the U.S. market, according to a report in the Financial Times. Article

> AT&T has chosen Alcatel-Lucent, Cisco, and Juniper Networks as its Domain Suppliers for IP/MPLS/Ethernet/Evolved Packet Core equipment needed for its IP-based network. Article

And Finally... Investigators in Mississippi say two men wrapped blocks of wood in duct tape and bubble wrap, attached Toshiba labels and tried to pass them off as laptops. Article

Suggested Articles

Ciena’s routers will be able to support fronthaul and midhaul transport, as well as new 5G network slicing functions.

CCA, WISPA and other groups are pressing for a limit on the amount of spectrum any one bidder is eligible to get in the upcoming C-band auction.

Sprint's vast amount of 2.5 GHz spectrum, which is going into the hands of T-Mobile, is not forgotten as rules are written for a new mid-band auction.