There are about 20,000 participants and 450 exhibitors at GLOBALCOMM in Chicago this week, and they will hear a lot about WiMAX at the show--and not only at FierceMarkets WiMAX Strategies event (which takes place tomorrow and Thursday). The short list of WiMAX related unveilings, announcements, and demos include:
- Alvarion announces its new BreezeACCESS VL 4.0 system, which offers carrier class triple play services in the 5GHz bands. The new version updates the current BreezeACCESS VL, of which more that 100,000 have been sold world-wide.
- AudioCodes, CableMatrix, Emergent Networks and VCom will announce delivery of WiMAX-based VoIP platform for service providers. The companies are demonstrating the joint solution at the show, and VCom offers the 3.5GHz WiMAX access piece.
- North Rock Communications will launch a WiMAX-based network in Bermuda this summer.
- Redline will incorporate Sequanss Mobile WiMAX CPE.
- Pace Micro and Fujitsu say they are developing WiMAX/set-top box.
- ZyXel announced a WiMAX CPE and WiMAX PCMCIA notebook card that are 802.16e-2005 compliant.
For more on WiMAX at GLOBALCOMM
-see this DailyWireless report