The past week has brought a flurry of 3G iPhone rumors and reports that cover launch dates, applications, functionalities and improved form factor. Here's a run-down of the rumors that floated to the top:
- Apple plans to offer an 8GB and a 16GB version of the 3G iPhone and will maintain the same pricing options. The phone will launch at the Worldwide Developers' Conference in early June, which just so happens to nearly coincide the iPhone's launch date last year.
- The iPhone will be 2.5 millmeters thinner than the previous version of the handset and have a less "plasticky" exterior. OS and UI are set to stay the same.
- Hackers have uncovered more proof that Infineon and InterDigital will make up the heart of the 3G iPhone.
- Nike+, the feature-rich pedometer from the sneaker company will also be available for 3G iPhone users.
- Code sleuths also saw support for GPS and Bluetooth stereo headphones in the upcoming 3G iPhone.
- The 3G iPhone will come pre-loaded with more software to battle unlocking programs.