Apple's request to ban Samsung phones gets pushed back to Dec. 6

Apple's (NASDAQ:AAPL) request to ban the U.S. sale of eight Samsung Electronics devices will have to wait until December, according to an order from U.S. District Judge Lucy Koh. Koh, who presided over the patent-infringement trial that resulted in jury verdict awarding Apple $1 billion in damages, established a schedule of hearings for the fall. Apple had been expected to formally request the ban on the eight infringing Samsung smartphones at a hearing Sept. 20. Koh said that request will now have to wait until Dec. 6. The two smartphone rivals will meet in court on Sept. 20, but it will be for a different purpose: The September hearing will now cover just Samsung's effort to have an injunction lifted against its Galaxy Tab 10.1, since the jury said the tablet has did not infringe on an Apple design patent. Article

FREE DAILY NEWSLETTER

Like this story? Subscribe to FierceWireless!

The Wireless industry is an ever-changing world where big ideas come along daily. Our subscribers rely on FierceWireless as their must-read source for the latest news, analysis and data on this increasingly competitive marketplace. Sign up today to get wireless news and updates delivered to your inbox and read on the go.