This past week saw a ramp up in high-speed data network roll-outs in the U.S. Here's a quick wrap-up of this week's announcements:
- Verizon rolled out its 1xEV-DO network with BroadbandAccess and V CAST services in Northwest, LA, as well as Wichita Falls, KS, and the Rio Grande Valley in TX.
- Cingular Wireless announced a new market for its BroadbandConnect service, powered by UMTS/HSDPA technology. The launch stretches across the entire surrounding area of Nashville, TN.
- Sprint upgraded some of its EV-DO network to Rev. A, including: Buffalo and Rochester, NY; Hartford, CT; Boston; and Pittsburgh.
For more on the carriers' network upgrades/rollouts:
- take a look at this article from WirelessWeek
- also be sure to read this week's Friday Feature below