DEALS: Vendors hash out LTE licensing



DEALS

WHO

WITH

WHAT

SCOOP

Alcatel-Lucent, Ericsson, NEC

NextWave, Nokia, Nokia Siemens, Sony Ericsson

Committed to IPR licensing framework for LTE

Where is Qualcomm and InterDigital?

Ericsson

China Mobile, China Unicom

Ericsson inked $1.44 billion worth of deals in China

The vendor inked a $1.33 billion deal with China Mobile and a $140 million one with China Unicom.

STMicro

NXP

STMicro plans to merge its wireless chipsets biz with NXP's

STMicro is set to pay NXP $1.55 billion for an 80 percent stake in the JV and the option to buy the other 20 percent after three years.

Suggested Articles

Meanwhile, multiple countries have now postponed planned 5G spectrum auctions.

Top in-flight connectivity trends that are fueling the business aviation market in 2020

Microsoft announced the preview of Azure Private Edge Zones, which are private 5G/LTE networks combined with Azure Stack Edge on-premises.