Disney Mobile metrics

Disney Mobile general manager George Grobar released a number of metrics about the MVNO's location based services, subscriber base breakdown, IP messaging usage and plans for EV-DO. The almost one-year-old MVNO seems to be doing well:

  • 30 percent of subscribers use its GPS location tracking services, and those that do, use it about 14 times per month.
  • 30 percent of the location requests originate on the Web, the other 70 percent come from the handset.
  • 56 percent of subscribers are adults, 44 percent are children.
  • More than 65 percent of the subscribers use the Family Alert prioritized text messaging feature.

Grobar also announced that the MVNO plans to offer 3G features through Sprint's EV-DO network, currently Disney Mobile's data offerings only run over Sprint's CDMA 1x network. Grobar also mentioned that a shared family-calendar feature was in the works as well as a photoshare application between family members.

For more on Disney Mobile's metrics:
- see this report from RCR News

Suggested Articles

Representatives from Verizon held conference calls urging the FCC to consider licensing part of the 6 GHz band.

Wireless carriers say their networks are holding up as more Americans do their work, schooling and entertainment from home.

The U.S. appears to be tapping anonymized cell phone location data to understand Americans movements amid the novel coronavirus outbreak.