It's been quite a tumultuous week for those of us who closely follow the wireless tech world. Just days after Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) announced its latest iteration of the iPhone-- the 4S--we learned of the death of its visionary Apple leader Steve Jobs.
Clearly these high-profile news items are hard to miss. But some of our other interesting, clever and thought-provoking features might have been overlooked in the noise of the week. With that in mind, I'd like to point out some of Fierce's recent features that you might want to check out.
- For every for every winning mobile device there are at least a dozen clunkers out there that failed to gain traction with consumers. Fierce compiled a list of what we think are the Worst Cell Phones of All Time. See if your device made the list.
- The past ten years have seen dramatic changes in the wireless industry--and behind those changes are billions of dollars of investment. Here's an in-depth look at some data from Rutberg & Co. on investments in the mobile industry.
- In case you missed our comprehensive iPhone 4S coverage, check out all our coverage here.
- If you're a fan of the band the Flaming Lips, or even if you aren't, you've got to read FierceMobileContent Editor Jason Ankeny's interview with the band's frontman Wayne Coyne. Hear his views on how mobile is reshaping the music world.
- And if you are wondering about all the recent buzz about TD-LTE and how it might change the industry, check out Lynnette Luna's feature on the topic here.
I hope you enjoy all our coverage. Look for more creative and interesting content from all the Fierce editorial team here. Next week, we'll be bringing you all the news from the CTIA Enterprise and Applications conference in San Diego. --Sue