T-Mobile, Samsung intro new phones; Spectrum Bridge, Google team on smart grid

Quick news from around the Web

@FierceWireless: Verizon CEO blasts FCC's ‘unimaginative' Internet proposal. Article (sub. req.) | Follow @FierceWireless

> T-Mobile USA and Samsung announced a lineup of new Qwerty phones, including the Samsung Gravity 3, the Samsung Gravity T and the Samsung :) (pronounced "smiley"). Article

> Apple is adding more patents to its infringement claims against HTC. Article

> Car audio and electronics firm Clarion and Nokia announced they will collaborate on Terminal Mode, a technology the companies said will allow mobile devices to work with car infotainment systems. Release

> LG is betting on the success of its latest Android phone, the Optimus Q. Article (sub. req.)

> The Nokia N8 will be the vendor's final Nseries device to run Symbian; subsequent Nseries gadgets will sport the company's MeeGo platform. Article

> AT&T Mobility completed the nationwide rollout of its femtocell offering. Article

> Apple sold its three millionth iPad, 80 days after introducing the device. Release

> Motorola said $399.8 million of debt was tendered in a Dutch auction. Article (sub. req.)

> Spectrum Bridge, Plumas-Sierra Rural Electric Cooperative & Telecommunications and Google announced that Plumas-Sierra County, Calif., launched a smart grid wireless network trial using TV white spaces spectrum. Release

Mobile Content News

> Only 19 percent of Apple's App Store application downloads so far have been paid for; the other 81 percent of the App Store's downloads were free. Article

> Digital entertainment services firm RealNetworks announced plans to reorganize its business and operational structure, eliminating 85 jobs. Article

> Google announced its web-based Google Voice communications management platform is now available to all U.S. consumers. Article

> Apple has revised its consumer privacy policy to authorize the collection and sharing of "precise location data" from devices like the iPhone and iPad. Article

Developer News

> More than half the 2,733 developers surveyed by Appcelerator, which provides development tools, believe Android has the best long-term potential among mobile platforms. Article

And finally... Honk if you love Jesus, text while driving if you want to meet Him. Facebook

Suggested Articles

Ericsson’s standalone 5G NR software can be deployed on existing Ericsson radio system hardware, enabling operators to launch standalone 5G with a simple…

OneWeb Satellites will use “industrial-scale mass production techniques” that will both reduce costs and result in the completion of up to two satellites in a…

A final decision on Huawei was supposed to have been made by the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport, on Monday.