There's rarely a dull moment in the wireless industry, but the past two weeks have been particularly eventful. Between the debut of the latest iPad this week to the throng of announcements from Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain, last week, the Fierce team has been covering it all. And in our spare time (ha!) we've also been writing and compiling some pretty compelling features and special reports.
In case you missed them, here's a rundown of some of the top features from Fierce's wireless publications from the past two weeks:
- As the fourth-quarter reporting season comes to a close, FierceWireless compiled the metrics from each of the top U.S. operators to see which carriers slipped and which managed to get ahead. Here are the numbers.
- On the long trip home from Barcelona, Spain, last week, the Fierce editorial team had time to contemplate the highs and lows of the companies and technologies at Mobile World Congress. Check out our Scorecard of the winners and losers.
- In most app stores, the apps that get the most exposure are the apps that are already popular. App discoverability is a huge problem in the industry and FierceDeveloper looked at the top players in app discovery and highlighted their strengths and weaknesses. Special report.
- Earlier this week Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) announced its "new iPad," which features support for LTE networks, a Retina Display and a faster processor. Fierce explored many different angles of the announcement. Check out our complete coverage here.
- FierceMobileContent took a look at the best and brightest mobile apps of February. Special report.
- FierceDeveloper spoke to Matchbook founder Jason Schwartz about the local deals integration, the evolution of social networking and the importance of solving problems, not creating them. Developer Workshop.
- Finally, our colleagues at FierceTelecom took a look at the potential for dark fiber for backhaul--fiber that has been lost and is being rediscovered in obscure locations. Feature
Keep your eyes peeled for more special reports and features from the Fierce team in the weeks ahead. --Sue