Vodafone sizes up Swisscom Mobile buyout

Vodafone currently holds a 25 percent stake in Swisscom Mobile, according to an unsourced report in The Observer, Voda is looking to sell the stake for about 1.5 billion stg. The report claims the likely buyer is state-owned telecoms group, Swisscom, which already holds the other 75 percent stake in the mobile carrier. The newspaper claims the sale is part of Vodafone's ongoing strategy of selling assets where Voda has no hope of attaining majority control.

For more on the potential Swisscom Mobile stake sale:
- take a look at this blurb from AFX