Sony Ericsson announced it is now accepting submissions for its second annual Sony Ericsson Content Awards, open to all developers who have created content, applications or services for Sony Ericsson devices. Launched in conjunction with the Sony Ericsson Developer World global developer support program and web portal, the competition will spotlight achievements in seven categories:
- Being Productive--Applications that embrace email, the mobile web, document editing and other productivity tools.
- Going Green--Applications that help users do their part to protect the environment, e.g. tracking carbon footprints, sourcing green products or conserving power.
- In-Car Applications--Content and services that enhance the in-vehicle user experience as well as maximize safety benefits.
- Mobile Entertainment--Applications rooted in imaging, video, music, gaming, the web and other digital pursuits.
- Lifestyle Experiences--Applications enabling consumers to more efficiently manage schedules, shop or communicate with friends and family.
- Themes and Graphics--Applications promising users more personalization and customization across the mobile experience.
- Xperia X1 Panels--Applications optimized for Sony Ericsson's new Windows Mobile-based device, with a touchscreen that simultaneously features nine different panels promising users shortcuts to personalized applications, services and content.
Developers may enter their submissions through Nov. 30, 2008 here. Finalists will be selected in December according to criteria like ease of use, entertainment factor, innovation, look and feel, creativity and audio performance--winners will be announced in an official online ceremony on February 5, 2009, and brought to a two-day Sony Ericsson mobile content workshop in Lund, Sweden. Last year's winners included RealNetworks, BitCycle, Opera, Gracenote and Vringo.
For more on the Sony Ericsson Content Awards:
- read this release
Sony Ericsson publishes first Windows Mobile SDK
Sony Ericsson unveils motion gaming phone