The combination of 5G deployment and innovation happening at the edge has spawned a series of technological innovations in the public network. Additionally, the speed of the industry’s digital transformation has also increased the need for a network that combines speed with connectivity, computing power, and access to key applications.
But for enterprises with diversified requirements for network coverage, reliability, security isolation, data confidentiality, and network control rights, the public network is not the ideal place to operate. Moreover, the digital transformation of the industry means that enterprises looking to be at the forefront need a flexible and agile 5G private network. This leaves many enterprises searching for a one-stop solution that offers full integration, on-demand loading, and overall delivery in the construction of a private network with 5G access. All Scenario Private 5G is one example of a solution that helps operators to realize private 5G as a service.
Three fields, in particular, demonstrate both the demand for 5G development and ample market space to innovate new private network-based solutions:
- Industrial fields, such as smart manufacturing and power. Modern innovation in these fields means more than improving production numbers; it can also mean incorporating automation and remote control of manufacturing machines, reducing carbon emissions, and helping manufacturing locations be more environmentally friendly. 5G streaming of live data reduces the time needed to make key decisions, and in some cases, can be used manufacturing environments to sell unused energy back to providers.
- Social governance, including public safety, remote medicine, and smart education. These applications can empower medical professionals to save more lives and spread new medications like the COVID-19 vaccine to every corner of the world. For countries that lag behind in emergency medicine innovation, 5G can mean an end to the suffering of many as resources are better allocated and quickly disbursed where they are needed. However, the nature of medical data means that privacy is paramount, and operating on a public network can lead to disaster.
- The entertainment sector, including ultra-high-definition live broadcasts and AR/VR applications. Competition between content providers and the number of resources available to power new innovations means that the entertainment industry is always at the forefront of what is new, and the possibilities of the 5G network are no exception.
Targeted Solutions and Applications for Enterprise Users
ZTE's core network product is ready for edge deployment in factories, campuses, hospitals, oil fields, power grids, ports, and other real-world environments to accelerate the pace of business in these industries. Through the process of factory pre-installation and on-site one-click commissioning, ZTE reduces the complexity of implementing and maintaining the private network.
Future Trends for 5G Private Networks
Predictions for the future of 5G private networks include:
- 5G private networks will further increase in terms of industry applications, especially in competitive industries where privacy is necessary.
- All scenario private 5G networking helps more operators to realize private 5G as a service in underserved markets worldwide.
- Delivery and rapid iteration based on microservice granularity will evolve to meet the needs of industry applications. Industry experts have found that 5G is up to a hundred times faster than 4G LTE speeds that industries may be used to working with. Without the latency and delays that enterprises have come to expect, applications can work faster than ever.
- New 5G features such as Time-Sensitive Networking (TSN), Non-Public Networks (NPN), and 5G Local Area Networks (LAN) will make it possible for manufacturing industries to move to wireless communications. This opens up the possibilities of the Internet of Things (IoT), allowing for automation of many tasks and reducing manufacturing and shipping timelines. This is poised to revolutionize the supply chain as manufacturing moves faster than ever.
ZTE will continue to iterate and evolve to make 5G private networks for enterprises, launch end-to-end solutions and products, lead technological innovation, and empower new businesses.
ZTE’s Progress in the 5G Private Network Market
Founded in 1985, ZTE is the world's leading provider of integrated communications and information solutions in more than 160 countries and regions. Our commitment to innovation has put us at the forefront of 5G private network development. For instance, our core network product, i5GC, integrates and optimizes more than 10 key elements of a 5G core network while only requiring one server to complete the deployment of the entire network. This makes it easy to deploy successfully, even in environments where resources are limited. Our unique approach to all scenario private network 5G access helps operators to realize a private 5G network as a service that can transform how their end users interact with them, making the speed of commerce much faster.
In addition, ZTE i5GC realized 4G and 5G convergence to support a wider range of IoT (Internet of Things) terminals. ZTE vIMS can also be deployed in the same rack with i5GC to provide VoNR and VoLTE service for voice communication, commanding, and scheduling. Working with our worldwide partners, ZTE has implemented 5G+ vertical industry applications in more than 15 different industries, including industrial, social governance, and entertainment.