Infonetics Research says the mobile WiMAX equipment market increased 130 percent in 2Q07 over 1Q07 to reach $144.5 million. The firm also says the fixed WiMAX market, which sequentially dropped 40 percent in 1Q07, rebounded somewhat, increasing 9 percent in 2Q07.
Other findings from Infonetics' report, "WiMAX and Outdoor Mesh Network Equipment," include:
- The outdoor wireless mesh access node segment dropped 20 percent between 1Q07 and 2Q07;
- The worldwide fixed and mobile WiMAX equipment market is forecast to grow at a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 89 percent between 2006 and 2010;
- 2Q07 marks the inflection point when mobile WiMAX equipment sales outpace fixed WiMAX equipment;
- Tropos Networks and Strix are neck and neck in the battle for leadership in outdoor mesh equipment revenue in 2Q07; BelAir moves up to third place;
- 43 percent of all mobile WiMAX equipment revenue came from Asia Pacific in 2Q07, 31 percent from North America, 17 percent from EMEA, and 9 percent from CALA.
For more about Infonetics' report:
- read this release