FierceWireless is always working to stay on top of the wireless industry's most important news every day of the week so you don't have to. However, Fierce editors do more than just break news and keep you informed on the industry developments you need to know about. We also publish features that provide depth and context to our daily coverage.
Here is a roundup of features we've published during the past several weeks:
- FierceWireless compiled information from all four of the Tier 1 carriers on their LTE networks and future plans so that they can be compared as fairly as possible. Additionally, we worked with Mosaik Solutions to provide updated LTE coverage maps for the carriers. Find out more in this LTE progress report.
- Since 2008 Fierce editors have been tracking the top female stars in the wireless industry and compiling our annual list (check out our 2012 list, 2011 list, the 2010 list, the 2009 list and the 2008 list). This year we ranked the top 10 women by what we believe to be their "influence" in the industry. Meet the 2013 Influential Women in Wireless.
- The mobile virtual network operator business is booming again, with new MVNOs launching nearly every week. But unlike the MVNO craze of the 2005-2006 era--highlighted by high-profile failures like ESPN Mobile, Disney Mobile, Amp'd Mobile and Helio--analysts believe that today's MVNOs have a better chance of success thanks to operator support ranging from customer service to billing and even device procurement. Find out more in this special report.
- The market for distributed antenna systems (DAS) is a curious one, marked by numerous instances of competition, cooperation and "coopetition" between mobile operators and third-party DAS operators. Find out how AT&T (NYSE:T), Verizon Wireless (NYSE:VZ) and others are riding the DAS wave in this FierceBroadbandWireless special report.
- Voxer's push-to-talk Walkie Talkie application operates across any Wi-Fi, 2G, 3G, 4G or Edge network worldwide and since going live in 2011, the app has attracted tens of millions of users worldwide. FierceDeveloper contributor Jason Ankeny spoke to Voxer CTO Matt Ranney about the firm's push into the enterprise segment, the evolution of mobile voice communication and the importance of embracing native development. Find out more in this Developer Workshop.
That's just a taste of the features we've been working on. Be on the lookout next week for features on the emerging smart watch market and a roundup of the latest iPhone launch rumors. --Phil
P.S. In observance of the Labor Day holiday, FierceWireless will not publish on Monday, Sept. 2. We will be back in your inbox on Tuesday, Sept. 3.