Palm is going direct-to-consumer with one of its key handsets: the Treo 750, which runs on Windows Mobile 6. The unlocked GSM handset will cost $549 at Palm's online and retail stores. The phone also runs on 3G networks both in the U.S. and Europe. The phone includes all the standard features:
- Threaded chat view for text and MMS messages;
- Today Screen enhancements, such as the ability to "dial by name," search the web directly and perform one-touch dialing with personalized photo speed dials;
- Call and voicemail control from the Today Screen with VCR-like icons, such as rewind, delete and fast-forward; and
- Ability to ignore a call and quickly send a text message such as "In a meeting" or "Can't talk right now" by selecting the "Ignore with text" option from the incoming-call screen.
For more on the unlocked handset:
- read this article from Digital Trends