SPOTLIGHT: Vivendi confirms $3.2B bid for PTC


Vivendi has confirmed recent rumors that it is eyeing Deutsche Telekom's 49 percent stake in Poland's carrier Polska Telefonia Cyfrowa. "We have offered to buy out Deutsche Telekom's stake in the Polish PTC for €2.5 billion," a Vivendi rep said. Vivendi says it owns the other 51 percent in the carrier through holding companies, but DT claims it exercised a call option to buy one of the holding companies' stakes, giving it 98 percent of PTC. Article (WSJ sub. req.)

Suggested Articles

Verizon is scaling Real Time Kinematics, halfway through a 2-year nationwide network deployment "with a critical mass of major markets" this year.

All the products launched by Samsung in recent weeks are based on Qualcomm's flagship Snapdragon 865 Plus mobile platform.

The wireless industry cheered the court’s decision because the FCC’s rules help them cut through a lot of local red tape.